Click each photo to greatly enlarge it
The Chicken Gold Camp & Outpost, a friendly, relaxed, off-the-highway resort/campground, is located on a scenic bench of Chicken Creek in the center of beautiful Chicken, Alaska, just off the Taylor Highway.
the "Gold Camp", which prides itself in clean, well-maintained facilities, offers the following amenities:
- 20 amp back-in sites (lower park) and 20 amp pull-thru sites (as available in upper park)
- 30 amp electric pull-thru sites
- FREE wireless internet provided by satellite
- FREE bundle of firewood with campsite
- Potable water at fill up station - free with camping
- Showers - coin operated
- Tables & fire rings at most sites
- Private wooded tenting sites
- Weatherport with cots
- Dump station - fee
- Separate Caravan park with 25 electric (20 amp) pull-thru sites and 6 dry sites (ask about our caravan packages)
- Pavilion for large groups, out-of-the-weather gatherings and/or bikers
- Large barbecue grill
- Planned group activities including gold panning, gold dredge tours, recreational gold mining, river float trips and more.
* $30 per night for 24 hr serviced sites - 20 amp
* $36 per night for 24 hr serviced sites - 30 amp
* $16 per night for dry camping
The "Chicken Creek Outpost", a cafe, espresso bar and gift store, is located in the "Chicken Gold Camp" as well as rental cabins, an apartment and shower house. Available activities include hiking, gold panning, recreational mining, historical tours, boating, and more.